Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Warhol, a children's illustrator?




























I discovered by pure chance this great work of Andy Warhol. It seems that early in his career, the Pop Art icon illustrated several volumes of the popular series Best in Children’s Books issued by the Doubleday Book Club between 1957 and 1961. An unknown skill to the famous Campbell Soup iconic figure's fans.
On a related note -and by coincidence too, not like I was having a children's day book or something- you will find in the post below another children's book illustrated by Saul Bass.
What I would like to note here is that I can see the link between Souls Bass's illustration for children and his later work. But that's not necessarily the case for Warhol, I wonder if his style evolved or simply changes according to the project.

source: just a modern guy